The AODP recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you consent to us doing otherwise, the AODP will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM YOU
The AODP collects personal information from users of the AODP Website, members of asset owner organisations, stakeholders and strategic partners and other individuals. We collect this information when it is necessary for business purposes and the initiatives pursued by the AODP.
The AODP may collect personal information about you, including, for example, your contact details such as name, email address, phone number and address and your job position.
In particular, the AODP may collect personal information:
- when you use the AODP Website, in which case our system may automatically collect information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address;
- when you fill in or complete reports, surveys, questionnaires or contact forms (whether offline or online);
- when you upload or input information to the AODP Website;
- about how you use the AODP Website;
- when you seek to support the AODP (eg. through donations or partnerships);
- when you obtain and/or purchase certain data and climate rating results from the AODP;
- when you wish (and are authorised) to use the relevant Asset Owners Disclosure Project award logo; and/or
- during face-to-face meetings and seminars, email correspondence or telephone conversations.
If you do not provide the AODP with all requested personal information, you may not be able to take full advantage of the AODP’s services or resources (including the provision of information and other services made available by way of the AODP Website), to upload or input information to the AODP Website, to purchase data or climate rating results from the AODP, to use the AODP award logo or to participate in the AODP’s initiatives.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our purposes in collecting information about you include to:
- invite you to participate in our surveys, initiatives or other activities;
- provide you with access to our services and resources (including those relating to the Asset Owners Disclosure Project);
- compile, manage and analyse reports, questionnaires and surveys completed by you and produce reports and/or ratings based on your responses;
- produce and manage databases relating to the Asset Owners Disclosure Project (which may contain information regarding asset owners’ climate change profiles, climate change and sustainability practices, policies and strategies);
- respond to queries or requests for information that you may direct to us;
- administer and maintain the AODP Website;
- develop partnerships, provide sponsorship opportunities and packages and/or facilitate donations; and
- improve our services and resources.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
We may use personal information you have provided to us, including your email address, to provide you with information or invitations in relation to the Asset Owners Disclosure Project, developments in relation to climate change and/or AODP initiatives or activities and/or other information which you may be interested in or which we consider may be relevant to your organisation, in accordance with any relevant consents you have provided.
If at any time you do not wish to receive such information from us, you may ask us to remove your name from our list by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, if we send you such information by email, you can use the unsubscribe function in the email to inform us that you do not wish to receive such information from us by email. In either case, please allow five (5) business days for your request to be processed.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to deliver services and provide access to resources to you (including via the AODP Website) and improve those services and access, we may sometimes disclose your personal information to third parties such as affiliates, partners, service providers, independent contractors, consultants, off-site security storage providers, website hosts, mail-houses, electronic database managers and event managers.
We may disclose personal information where:
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or the AODP; or
- the assets and operations of the AODP’s business are transferred to a third party.
The AODP will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent.
We may also share and disclose non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for the purposes of research, promotional activities and the Asset Owners Disclosure Project. For example, we may disclose aggregated data from questionnaires, reports and surveys that you complete, and make such data available on the AODP Website or through other mediums.
We may also disclose certain details relating to your organisation on the AODP Website or by other means (for example, publications), such as the climate rating of your organisation and your organisation’s ranking in the AODP Global Climate Index, the fact that your organisation has been surveyed or has made or has been invited to make certain disclosures relating to climate risk management processes as part of the Asset Owners Disclosure Project, and whether your organisation is a member and/or signatory to the Carbon Disclosure Project, Principles for Responsible Investment and/or Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change.
ACCESS AND ACCURACY
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information the AODP holds about you, you are welcome to access your record in the manner permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com and we will amend your record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The AODP will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by the AODP.
Please note also that the AODP may use overseas facilities to process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
What to do if you have a problem or question